Thursday, October 25, 2012

DIY Chalkboard

This easy project can add a little glam to any space!


What you'll need:
  1. Old silver tray or tray of some sort (I found mine at a thrif store...the tarnishing was pretty bad and wouldn't come off completely so I decided to craft with it)
  2. Liquid chalk pen (I bought mine off of Etsy)
  3. Chalk paint for crafting (Martha Stewart makes a good size container in several colors)
How to:
  1. Paint the center of the tray with chalk paint (you can tape off the center for crips lines if you want, but I did not)
  2. Let paint set for 24 hours (you'll probably need 3 coats)
  3. Write whatever you want! (*note-in order to remove what you've written in chalk pen, you'll need a damp paper towel)

TADA!


Obviously I used mine in the kitchen...it sets off my kitchen island beautifully




No comments:

Post a Comment